Monday, February 18, 2008

My Little Love Bug


My boyfriend, who is both wise and witty, suggested that I put this little love bug up on the blog. It was a part of his Valentine's Day gift and came with a small card pinned to his front legs. As anyone who visits Crafster's crochet forum can probably guess, the bug was inspired by the Love Mites that pickled_peppers has been posting. I didn't have the pattern so mine came out a little differently, but it's the same concept. All sewed as one piece, with the legs worked in as I went. What a treat that was, since I dread trying to get limbs in the right places after I'm finished a project. It's probably hard to judge scale from the picture, but he's the smallest amigurumi I've made thus far; only about 1.5 inches tall and wide.

I'm not going to post my pattern for this, since he's a one-of-a-kind for the boyfriend. However, pickled_peppers does sell her Love Mite pattern through her Etsty shop Nuts About Crochet. Have a look, there's lots of cute stuff there!

No comments: